Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mommy Did It!

I ran in the Ruben Studdard Half Marathon here in Birmingham, and was pretty proud of myself for finishing!  I finished in 2 hours and 2 minutes, which is only a minute slower than my other half marathon time.  I think I could have beaten my time if it had not been for those hills at the end of the race.  I placed 16th for my age group, but after the race was over I noticed the times for the 5K and I would have actually won that one PLUS I wouldn't have gotten the world's largest blister on my foot.  I't was a fun time though, and the weather was great!  We really lucked out on that part, since it was late November.  Mark played with Marin the whole time I ran, and I'm pretty sure he was more worn out than I was.  They met me at mile 7, which was the railroad park.  It was the CUTEST thing ever... she was clapping and smiling for all the runners.  She looked so tiny and pink on the side of the road watching everyone.  Mark tried to take a picture there of me running by and high fiving her, but he forgot to take the lens off the camera!  It looks like they had a lot of fun together though.  I can't wait until my next race!


 At the start
 She's wondering if it's OK that Daddy's in charge.
 I love these two!  I'm so glad they were there to cheer me on!


 Playing at the fountain


 Playing at Railroad Park and hopefully not eating those berries

 I'm so excited it's almost over!

 A congratulations hug










No comments: