Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 11, 2011

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

This weekend was a perfect example of why we chose to move to this neighborhood. The weather was just beautiful, so we were able to spend a lot of our time outside. This was Master's weekend, which usually means Mark is glued to the TV, so I was shocked when he said he would just record it and watch it at night. I was pleasantly surprised that we were able to spend the weekend together! Friday night we walked up to Robb and Megean's house and grilled out. It was a nice relaxing evening, a beautiful night for a walk, and Marin enjoyed playing with Cameron's toys! She loved playing on her baby piano. Like I've said before, she's a little musician.

Saturday morning our neighborhood had several garage sales. We walked around and visited with some of our sweet neighbors, and Marin even got a few cute summer hats and little toys. That afternoon we sat out in the park in front of our house with our neighbors. We let the dogs play, while Marin played on a blanket and the adults just relaxed (the boys had some adult beverages of course). We met some new neighbors that just moved in a couple houses down and they have a little boy that Marin is excited about playing at the pool with this summer. Whitney and I took Collins and Marin and Bentley on a nice long walk. When we got back to the house, we got ready for dinner and headed down to the resort. The restaurant was crowded, so it took a long time. This was Marin's first time to sit in a high chair at a restaurant. I wasn't sure how long she would last, but she did great! She acted like she was just one of the adults at the table!

On Sunday we started a little project for our backyard. I'll write more about that later, but we're pretty excited about it! Sunday night Marin had her giggle box going! She just thought everything was hysterical. She laughed at everything... even a sneeze was funny! It's so cute now how I can look at her and laugh and she laughs right back at me. We even "talk" back and forth. I'm loving this age. All the outdoor fun must have worn her out because she fell sleep during her bedtime bottle. Then when I put her down in her crib she fell asleep on her side right in the middle of rolling over.

This weekend we also discovered that Marin actually does love baby food... just not the baby food that I make. All along, I thought I was being some sort of Super Mom and making all of her baby food. I was so proud of myself thinking it was cheaper and better for her. However, she never really loved it, so I decided to try some store bought jarred baby food. SHE LOVES IT!!! I'm not sure if it's the smooth texture or if it just tastes better, but it definitely is a hit. She has been eating a lot! Oh well, I tried! Unfortunately it was back to work Monday morning, but it's only 7 more weeks until summer!



Showing off her legs!

One of her garage sale finds... hoping she continues
to be a thrifty shopper!

No comments: